Sunday, October 4, 2009

3 Things You Need to Know About Shower Head Water Filters

When I told a friend the other day that I had bought three shower head water filters for my house, she thought I was going a little overboard. Filtering your drinking and cooking water she could understand, but filtering bath and shower water? Honestly, she told me I had turned into a nut case.

Once I told her what I'm about to tell you, however, she saw why I was so insistent that shower filters are no longer a luxury, but a necessity for anyone interested in their health. And also she saw why I was so interested in finding the best shower filters to use in my home.

Basically there are three things you need to understand about shower filters.

  1. Your skin is an organ, just as your stomach or intestines are.
  2. There are a staggering number of pollutants in our water.
  3. Filtered shower water makes you feel like a million bucks!

Let's take these three truths and talk about them point by point.

Your Skin

I had never thought about it until I started researching water filters and shower water filters specifically, but your skin is just as much a living, breathing organ as your lungs are.

This is going to sound a little naive (especially for a college educated guy), but I thought of skin as more of a covering. Kind of like a really well fitting body suit. But there's much more to your skin than just keeping dirt out of your body.

For one thing, you release as many toxins through your sweat as you do urinating. That's one of the reasons it feels so good to exercise or work in the yard and get a good sweat going.

Conversely, you intake toxins into your body through your skin just as easily as you can through your mouth.

So, all of those pollutants, carcinogens, and toxins that are making their way into our municipal water systems easily get into your body through your pores, which open when you bathe in warm water.

Water Quality

Speaking of pollutants!

Just to make sure you're on board with this whole water filtering thing, anyway, let's make sure you understand the sorry state of your municipal water system.

Let me just cite one study done recently which took at look at trace pollutants in the water systems of 29 major American cities. 29 out of 29 (that is, 100%) of these cities had at least one pesticide in their water. Several had two or more pesticides present, and one major American city even had three!

Of course, that's not the whole story. The way we purify our municipal water in this country is at least fifty to one hundred years old, yet most of the pollutants we're trying to get rid of were invented in the past thirty years.

Even our method of purification--the use of chlorine--is highly suspect, and some scientists even think that it's this very chlorine that has given rise to the dramatic cancer rates we now have.

There's Nothing Like It!

I hope you're convinced of the need for shower head water filters on all your home showers.

So, now comes the best part. Showering in filtered water is like no other experience you can imagine. (Well, it might be, but I'm not allowed to write about that here!)

To learn more about shower head water filters visit my website!

R. Lee Cole is an avid health and exercise enthusiast who loves to make his research available to everyone via the Internet. Check out Lee's website for more information about this important topic.

No comments:

Post a Comment